Check out my Etsy shop!

Monday, June 7, 2010

Some random things...

I just planted my pots outside and can't wait until they look like this!
Just in case any of you thought my growing season is ahead of yours. It's not. These pictures are from last year and my plants are still quite small, but they are planted. (Hopefully we won't get any more late snow storms.)

I felt a little bit of summer yesterday and it was great!!


I
I need to thank Lindsey at House Made Home for passing this award along to me. You will have to check out her blog by clicking on her blog name. She has some great ideas about painting your chandeliers and some great design tips. So, Thanks Lindsey that was very kind of you.
I am going to share seven random things about myself.
1. I am the grandmother to 8 little boys and three darling granddaughters. I love visiting them and having them come to visit me!
2. I am an Operating Room nurse (circulator) and work part time in the operating room. I have been doing this for many years and still love going to work! I enjoy meeting new people and helping them when they need surgery.
3. I sometimes laugh hardest at my own jokes, mainly because I always mess up the punch line.
4. I enjoy doing any kind of new hobby or craft and if I haven't done it, I am most willing to learn and try something new.
5. I love basketball, football, and baseball and I even understand how they are played and the rules of the games. After growing up as a coach's daughter, I grew up in a gymnasium and learned to love all aspects of the game.  I then married  my favorite athlete of all time and had 6 athletes of my own. My most favorite thing do to is watch them play! Now, I have some grandson's to watch too!
6. In the summer you can find me out in my flower garden. I love flowers and digging in the dirt.
7. I am as old as the dirt. (well sometimes I feel like it) I have been married to the same man for 35 years and each day I love him more!
I am going to pass this award on to several more of you and I love reading your blogs and here are some of my favorites in no particular order!

Thanks again for the award and have fun checking out all of these fun blogs!

7 comments:

Jess said...

Thank you so much!! You are so sweet!

Farah said...

Oh Thanks Donene, its so sweet of you, its an honour for me to have such a nice and loving award.. love you

Erika said...

Awe, thank you! That was so sweet of you! I really do appreciate it1
smiles and hugs,
Erika

seven thirty three said...

Thanks for thinking of me Donene! ;)

Diane said...

OMGosh, those flowers are gorgeous. I can see why you are anxiously awaiting this year's crop :o)

Thanks so much for the award... I will display it on my blog and try to post 7 things about myself as soon as I can.

I also joined up as a follower of your blog. Come back and visit me at Pittypat Paperie anytime.

Melissa said...

I love coleus and sweet potato vine combos - haven't done them in several years - maybe next year would be a good year to do them again.

Jenny said...

Oh Donene! You are so sweet and I thank you very much for thinking of me! I love your flower combination in your planters and I envy you having 11 Grands! I know I kick up a funny story every now and then about babysitting our 3 but I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Congratulations on your blog award!

And thanks and hugs for thinking of me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails