Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Going Green!

I was thinking about going green this week with earth day and all that. For my going green project I needed some cotton yarn. I was going to go and buy some, then I looked into my yarn stash and decided that I better start using what I have! I had yarn stashed in all different places so I really didn't know how much I had. You know how some things are an addiction,( well I think I have a problem.)  When I see some beautiful colored yarn, I just want to buy it!!!
 This last week I put some of my yarn, (I say some because I probably have about this much more stashed in another cupboard) in an open book case. I figured if I could see it then I would most likely not go and buy more.With the yarn out in the open I haven't bought any yarn at all this week! I am 7 days clean from yarn hoarding, it's a start to recovery!

Doesn't this just make you want to make something! I just love all of those beautiful colors!
 On to my going green (remember I am trying to recover!).
I saw some bags like these and thought how cute they would be to stash in your car for when you need a bag for something.

I used cotton yarn so it would be easy to wash and because I didn't have enough of the ivory I added the yellow. (See, that is probably why I buy more!) I know I am rationalizing.

I added some bright flowers and polka dot buttons.

I think I am ready to go shopping!

This bag worked up quite quickly and I am thinking they would make a great gift. I better make some more!
Hmmmm, maybe I should go buy some more yarn :)

20 comments:

The Sunflower Patch said...

lol! I have that same problem with fabric :) Simply beautiful bag/purse!

Maggie Lamarre said...

i luv this the colours are great,
don't forget to add it to our linking party this week
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/04/happy-easter-2011-and-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

What an adorable bag! Love it!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

This is so sweet and nostalgic looking! The buttons are a great addition. I understand the need to buy more yarn and hoard! My weakness is fabric!

Gail said...

Don't you feel you get more creative when you force yourself to work within your stash (I hoard cardstock)? Cute bag and a good idea to keep bags and totes in one's car to avoid using plastic store bags.

Bluebirds and Roses said...

cozy...Inspiring project..Thank you.

Kelly @livingcraftilyeverafter said...

I love that bag! And I am jealous of your stash! :)

Found you from TCB!

Kelly

PS- I am hosting a giveaway for a free crochet pattern on my blog and would love for you to come by and enter!

http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/04/giveaway-lovely-crow.html

no spring chicken said...

Have they make a reality show for people like us yet? Yarn Hoarders, Revealing the symptoms of Fiberitis...

Great bag! And good for you usig only stash yarn.

Blessings, Debbie

bookaddict4real said...

You are so talented! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with me(@scrapaddict4sure.com)

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

LOVE this! Im your newest follower!

I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)



If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

"Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Unknown said...

I found your blog through tip junkie. I love your cup cake pin cousoins!!! I am so going to make one tonight. You are so creative I could look at your blog for hours!! I am your newest follower! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry about my spelling! I guess I was a little too excited!!!

yippeevintage said...

I saw your link over on Transformation Thursday :) That bag is adorable {polkadot buttons!!} and I love the way you've stored some of your yarn! It's pretty and colorful and it makes you happy? Sounds like home decor to me!

A Few Pennies said...

Cute bag! I wish I could be talented enough to crochet and knit--cannot do it! I am envious though--your creativity is awesome! Patty

Unknown said...

Thank you for the visit and comment! I really appreciate it!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

These are just darling! What a creative idea!

Jami said...

That bag is too cute to hold trash in the car!! Adorable! I also really like the yarn storage...its so pretty with all of the different colors showing. I'm so glad you linked your bag to the Tuesday To Do party! Can't wait to see what lovely you post next!
smiles!
Jami

Unknown said...

I love the colors and button flowers. It turned out great!

Stacey - Elle Belle said...

I really love how you displayed your yarn and stored it!

Unknown said...

how cute! I would love to make a larger sized one for groceries!

www.generationalrose.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails