Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wedding Ideas...

I want to share a fun wedding!  Yesterday my niece was married and she had the cutest wedding ever!  My sister is very talented and her ideas are so unique that I want to share them with you.
Here is a picture of the happy couple and of course they had to have a picture with Ruby who has been in my sister's family a long while.

When you came in the front walk you were greeted with this fun bed.

and of course it was used to hold the bed of gifts!

This is the sign in table, with the book that my sister made.

Isn't is cute with the hanging window,

and chic chandelier!

The picture frame is an old window as well with a cute fabric print framing the happy couple's picture.

The tables are set and ready.

Here is a cute old fashioned cart with Cake Pops!
I loved the bright green moss base.

and of course they were given for a thank you to all who came.

A cute photo gallery using old doors and screens for the back drop.

This is such a cute way to display photo's using twine and clothes pins!

The bouquet for the bride to throw after, is tied to the doorknob.

Look how cute this bouquet is, it is loaded with treats, movie tickets, a small picture frame and everything a single girl would need to get her on her way to getting some marriage prospects. I would have loved this if I was single and caught the bouquet!

Next comes the dessert buffet, on a literal buffet!

They were delicious! Fruit pizzas on cookies, mini raspberry tarts, and brownie triangles.

I loved her cake! Chocolate fondant as the top layer, crushed pistachio red velvet cake on the second layer, and a lemon raspberry on the bottom layer. Of course an antique sewing machine was the stand for the cake.


 Isn't it beautiful!

Even the water and punch bowl had an antique feel.

What better for refreshments for the wedding than your own private taco bar.

Yes, they served tacos right from the stand!

They were the best taco's!

You can get your condiments here and the chips are on the table!

I tried to get a picture of cute Hazel the flower girl but she was a little shy. I loved watching her go down the aisle throwing handfuls of rose petals like they were baseballs and when she ran out of petals she grabbed the other flower girls basket and started throwing her petals as well. It was pretty cute!

Cute Violet with her darling dress as well. (My sister made all of the cute dresses!)
It was a fun day and I think my sister is pretty amazing for pulling off such a fun wedding!
Loved it!!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

That was super cute!! Such fun ideas!

Unknown said...

I LOVE everything about that wedding! I would've stolen every one of those ideas for my own wedding if I hadn't already had my wedding 5 years ago! Makes me wanna do it again so I could! Haha!

All That Glitters said...

That was a fun wedding!!

Aisling said...

Wow, wish I'd had someone that creative to help me plan my wedding.

Life in Rehab said...

This entire post was just a delight!

Rachel said...

It was beautiful and so much fun! You guys are all so talented.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Everything is so clever!! Beautiful!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Here's my linky :)
http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/gift-bag-redo-diy.html

Emily S said...

My favorite part is the bouquet! What a fun idea!

Emilee said...

What great ideas! thanks for sharing these!

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a unique wedding! Your sister must be a special person. I esp. liked the throw away bouquet. I've never seen anything like that before - or any of these other ideas as well.

Megan said...

Wow, those are some very original ideas! I love the taco stand and the bed of gifts!!

Sue said...

I love all these great ideas! Beautiful wedding!

Unknown said...

Amazing wedding ideas and that cake is to DIE for! Just lovely! Hi! Following you from the Wednesday hop! Hope you'll come visit me and follow me back at:

http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Cindy D said...

Very cool wedding......I love it!
http://idapt-daily.com

no spring chicken said...

Obviously creativity runs in the family. I especially loved the throw away bouquet! This was knew to me and I think it's brilliant.

Blessings, Debbie

Be Colorful Coastal said...

What a fun post. Creativity must run through your family tree. My favorites were the bed for packages and the toss bouquet. I will definitely be passing you post on to some friends of mine who have daughters getting married. Thanks so much for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam

tickledpinkwithrosesandpearls.com said...

I LOVE this Wedding!!! So Chic!
Your Sister did a wonderful job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails