Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Girl's Camp

This week is a busy week and I will be a little out of touch because I will be in a place where you can get no cell phone service and that means no internet! I am spending the week with the young girls in our church at Girl's Camp!!  I have been trying to think of some things to do for a little gift for the girls each day. I have come across many inspirational sayings  and then I ran across  a picture that gave me some inspiration for one of the gifts for the day.












So, I wrote the messages on these stones. I am going to bring some Sharpie fine tip markers because we will be by a stream with some river rocks and then they can make some more of their own.


I also found some notebooks and found this quote and thought it would b e perfect to put on the front of the spiral notebooks that we could give to the girls on one of the days while we are there.

This is the picture that gave me the inspiration,  from  www.artrocks.ca  I love it!

I think I should make some for myself because they are so cute!

I also decided that we would probably need something to hang in the trees at our camp, so I made these pennant banners to brighten up our camp.

Of course they are in the Value colors! They were easy to make, I just cut them from fabric and sewed them to a long length of ribbon.


We also made some little treat bags with Laffy Taffy and Star bursts with the saying," A smile is a Laugh that Bursts!" It was one of the sayings on the rocks but doesn't it go well with the candy we chose! Sorry I don't have  a picture of the treat bags but we put them in little cellophane bags with ribbon and the saying attached.
We also bought some colored pencils and attached the saying,"Stay true to your Values".

I used my embroidery machine to write "Young Women" and if you look close you can also see the letters of our ward on some of the pennants. It was hard to get a picture because their is only one letter per pennant.

So, wish us luck with 21 girls this week at camp, it should be a blast!!!





12 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are all very cute! The girls will love them

Beth said...

Oh, I love the river rocks. Love everything to do with river rocks:)! I also like the idea of putting the sayings on front of journals. May use that idea for my own daughters!
Beth

Life, Crafts and Whatever said...

OMG. I love those stones! Those will be next to my to do list!

Saw you at the party at Ninth Street Notions!

http://lifecraftsandwhatever.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Those stones are fantastic! Good luck with camp!

eleven-o-one said...

What a bunch of lucky girls to have you as their leader. Great ideas. Love, love the stones.

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I Love this! I am looking forward to reading your blog! I am your newest follower and I am pinning this! I would love it if you would follow back!

BluBabesCreate said...

I needed all of that inspiration thank-you!

Events DEE-signed said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful post. I love the stones, and hope to make a few. I especially love the quotes you used!! Made me smile!! Thanks.

Kei said...

Love the stones, such a great idea!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Loved this idea. There are some really great quotes here. I am adding several of them to my quotes folder for sure. Thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. Hope you have a great week at camp and come to visit BeColorful again when you return to internet service. :)
Pam

Jami said...

Hi Donene!
Thanks for linking up your wonderful stone ideas at the Tuesday To Do Party last week! What a special keepsake for the girls take away from a special week.
I'm trying to get caught up after finally getting my commenting issues resolved!
Have a great week!
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Such wonderful words of inspiration, Donene! I'm going to have to write these down. You made preparation for a very special camp for these girls. I'm sure there were many blessings to be had by all. ;)

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails