Check out my Etsy shop!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A gift for Livy

I started this sweater for Livy at the first of the summer thinking, I should be able to have it done by her birthday in September.  With the help of a long road trip in August I finished the sweater! I had some different colors of yarn that I thought coordinated well and started knitting.

I added the ribbons and polka dot buttons.

I looked all over for some red polka dot ribbon and finally found the perfect red.

I then decided that this sweater definitely needed a skirt to go with it.  Livy loves to wear dresses and skirts so the yellow flowered fabric matched perfectly with all of the colors that I had used.



This actually was the second skirt that I made because I was afraid that the first one would be too small.

So, I finished the first smaller skirt for her little sister, Sofia.

I added some more polka dots, this time in green. (Can you tell that I love polka dots?)



I packed up the sweater and skirts and off I went to visit the birthday girl!

This little girl loves birthdays!  It fit great!

Should have got a picture of both of them in their skirts.

She wore her birthday outfit all day.

Happy Birthday Livy girl!

So glad you are in my life!


17 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that outfit! The colors are so cute on her.

Cecily said...

Oh my gosh - the pair are BEAUTIFUL!! Seriously, each piece is fantastic in its own right, but the two together are just lovely. The only thing cuter is the model wearing them!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

She is a beautiful little girl in a beautiful little outfit. Just may be the best dressed little girl in town. What a wonderful sweater and skirt. Hugs, Gayle.

Sewandthecity said...

This outfit is absolutely gorgeous and so is the little model…love all the red and yellow!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

The skirts are simply stunning!!! Love the fabric choices.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Such beautiful work and vibrant colors. Livy looks sweet in it :)

Stephanie said...

What a cute outfit--great job!

annies home said...

how cute love those colors perfect for fall that skirt is too cute come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Dutch Hollow said...

Very cute outfit for a sweet little girl!

Beth said...

What a Perfect combo! Love the bright, cheerful colors! Do you have a pattern for the skirt? My daughter has one ruffly skirt like that and I'd like to make more....I'm not good at winging it....I need a pattern!

Marushka C. said...

I love the colors and all the sweet, fun details you put into the outfit. What a great gift!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome outfit! She looks good. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/10/fibers-on-friday.html

Carlin said...

What an adorable outfit!

WonderWhyGal said...

Love! Love! Love!

She is one lucky little girl. I love the whole ensemble.

Happy I Love Yarn Day!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Just wanted to stop by and let you know I featured you tonight on Motivated Monday
Pam

Megan Gunyan said...

Oh my goodness, what fun, bright colors! I love this combo. GREAT job on the sweater! It looks like she loves it, too!

Emreen said...

Beautiful skirt... The colours work well on her...!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails