Check out my Etsy shop!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

New Beginnings

This last week we had New Beginnings with our Young Women.  Our theme was going to be based on everything is Black and White.  Meaning that in order to do the things we should be doing we don't want to find ourselves in those gray areas.  You know  we all have little gray areas in our lives, where we really aren't doing something bad, but are we really doing anything good?  We wanted to stress that in order to be where we want to be, that we should avoid those gray areas.  I needed to make some things that would just be black and white to get my point across.  So, I went to my favorite store, the DI, (Divine Inspiration), really it is a thrift store.  I found these vases and plates.


and knew if I put them together they would be perfect for what I needed.

I also found this mirror and frames which were also just what I needed.

This frame had a beautiful shape but I really didn't need what was in the middle.
Someone had gone to a lot of work on this, but I really just needed the frame.  Since they both cost $2.00 a piece I thought they would be perfect.

This is the theme for this year and here is the frame that I just spray painted white. I did the theme in black and white to get our Black and White theme across.

Can you see where those vases are?

This was the second frame that I spray painted white, added the black and white fabric, and then used a second frame that I  put in the middle, attached with Velcro.. We have been asked to do these 4 things every day, Pray, Read, Smile, Obey, 100% everyday!  I made the words in Photo shop and just made it in... you've got it,  Black and White!
There is a little hook on the bottom of the frame, so I made a tag that has 100% on it.  If we are 100% we will leave it turned around to the front, if we are not we will turn the tag over.

I added a black and white picture of Christ, in a frame that I spray painted black.

Can you spot the vase pedestals now?

I spray painted them white and added some tulle and black and white ribbon. The large flower ball I made from a Styrofoam ball and tissue paper.  I punched out a bunch of scalloped circles and attached them to the Styrofoam with straight pins.
These were some candle pedestals I had, that I just spray painted black and added the tulle, beads, flower and ribbons too.

I thought these turned out great and for about $2.00 for each pedestal I thought they were perfect!

These were perfect too!

I'm kind of liking this black and white theme.
I added the white lights under some sheer white fabric to give a little pizazz to the table  and give it some shine!


These blocks are what we have made for each young women to be given on their birthday.


We handed out these little favors at the end of the night.  The light bulbs were found at Hobby Lobby and we filled them with white six lets and attached the theme for the year.

The night was great and we will be caring this black and white theme through the yea,r and then for our Night of Excellence we will bring in all of the value colors to show that if we stay out of the gray areas that we have in our life we will really be able to shine in our values!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

What a cute idea! I may steal the light bulb idea for our new beginnings! Very cute.

Jessica J. said...

So so cute... always so creative. Love it!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Beautiful makeovers. Love it.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

I love all of your ideas... I'm your newest follower, not just bc you're super creative, but because you LOVE JESUS!!!! He is awesome!!! Please check out bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I have never seen those light bulbs. That is so clever! Looks like a great night. I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts. Vicky from Mess For Less

Anonymous said...

Black and white theme are look so pretty for the decorations.White ribbons flowers are look so attractive.

christian song lyrics

Trish - Mom On Timeout said...

I love the black and white! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and YOUR sweet comments. You're blog is amazing! I'm following you back! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails